Car Parking Applications
Due to the traffic congestion and parking restrictions around Queens, the University asks students NOT to bring cars to Belfast. A limited number of car parking spaces are available within Elms Village. If the use of a car is essential, students can apply for a car parking permit online which cost £100 for the full residential year. A parking permit allows access to limited parking places on the Elms Village site only.
In order for your request to be considered, you must state your case in detail, specifying why you require a car parking space. Should you receive confirmation that you have been successfully allocated a space, payment in full must be paid at check-in.
If you are not allocated a parking permit, please note that students are asked NOT to park in residential areas around Elms Village, due to traffic congestion and in consideration of our neighbours.
Pay Per Use Car Parking at Elms Village
If you are unsuccessful in a request for an onsite parking permit or wish to park on a part-time basis, then this system presents an ideal solution. The charge is £0.50 per 24 hours.
Students can park in the two car parks located beside the Elms Village reception building on a Pay Per Use basis.
If you are not allocated a parking permit, there are two Pay Per Use carparks operating adjacent to Elms Reception. The price of parking is £0.50 per 24 hours. If you wish to use these carparks you must register your car details at Elms Village reception (you only need to register once). You will be issued with a parking authorisation disc which must be displayed on your car window. Failure to do so may result in your car being clamped and a fine is payable for its release.
Students are asked NOT to park in residential areas around Elms Village, due to traffic congestion and in consideration of our neighbours.
How the parking system works:
- When you drive up to the ticket dispenser a ticket will be presented
- Remove and retain the ticket
- The barrier will open
- If you do not find a car parking space within 30 minutes then return to the exit barrier where you should present the bar code on the ticket to the barcode reader
- The barrier will raise to allow you to leave
- If you have parked successfully and want to leave the car park you must bring your parking ticket to Elms reception who will then take payment for your stay and issue a new bar code ticket
- When you are at the exit barrier present the barcode to the reader and the barrier will raise
- If for any reason you lose your ticket then please report to Elms reception. A charge will be made for the loss of parking tickets
If you have questions about the parking procedure then please come to Elms Village reception and we will be pleased to help.
Visitor car parking
If you or your guests need to collect or deliver heavy items to or from your room, you will be allowed access onto the site for 30 minutes, if you need more time please let us know. After 30 minutes, please ensure the car is then moved and parked in the Pay Per Use car park. All guests must be registered at Elms Village reception and parking slips displayed at all times. Failure to do so may result in the vehicle being clamped. Please note that parking for visitors is limited and is subject to availability.
Please be advised that there are no parking facilities at 76 Malone Road, Grant House or Mount Charles - if students park in these areas they will be clamped and fined.
|0 - 30 minutes||
|30 minutes - 24 hours||
|Each 24 hours or part thereafter||